Friday, June 1, 2012

Thai Tilapia

Spontaneous inspiration meets ravenous hunger....

Tonight as I was searching in the freezer for dinner, I came across a bag of tilapia that I'd bought a while ago. I decided to try it never having cooked fish before. I was feeling like something with flavor, so I got out all my Thai inspired spices and seasonings. I didn't feel like waiting for rice to cook, so I grabbed the next best thing, Annie Chun's rice noodles. After steaming the fish, I added a few sprigs of lemon grass. I let it cook for a bit then added some olive oil to saute the onions and garlic. Once everything was cooked, I added red curry and fresh chili paste. After plating this potentially flavorful dish, I squeezed some fresh lime on top.

Here is the recipe if there are any brave souls out there:

Thai Tilapia for One

1 fillet tilapia
1 small garlic clove
1/4 cup white onion (green would be nice too!)
1-2 pieces of lemon grass
1 teaspoon red curry
1 teaspoon chili paste (or to taste)
1 key lime
1 serving rice noodle or rice

Steam frozen tilapia fillet in skillet. On the side, saute on side: diced onion, pressed garlic clove, lemon grass in olive oil. Add red curry and chili paste. After fish is cooked, serve over cooked rice noodles and serve onion curry mixture over top. Squeeze one lime over top of dish.





(usually you would see a picture of this, but I ate it too fast!)



No comments: