Sunday, August 17, 2008

BIG Adventures!

So if you all haven't heard by now I AM IN CHINA! This is the most amazing country! Well, in fact it is my first trip to a foreign country... actually I am the foreigner now! :)

Once we landed in Beijing I noticed the landscape, the buildings and of course the characters. The aiport was all decorated for the Olympics and there was a lot of traffic. I was talking with a local Chinese man (maybe about 20 0r so) on the bus and he said that there have been 500 flights to Beijing every day since the Olympics started. Wow. That's a lot of people.

My apartment is great. Some of the rooms are painted from previous residents and some of the them have hot water heaters which is in fact the case for my room. It was a glorious thing to have hot water this moring! My room is painted a light sage-y green and the bedding I brought is purple so it makes a very nice combination. The beds are suprising comfortable, mine has a 2 inch thick foam matress-it just feels like camping with a matress on the ground. And thank goodness for Egyptian Cotton sheets! They are a life saver!

The food is very good, there is a mix of typical American foods and there is some really good and really spicy Chinese food. And I get to use chopsticks at every meal... very fun.

At this point in my journey I am just about settled into my apartment and in desperate need of a massage. Carrying around 100+ pounds of bags through airports and onto several buses. It was worth bringing all I brought but the one thing I should have brought that I didn't was a plug adaptor- my laptop is dead but luckily I have this wonderful compter lab to work in.

As far a Skype goes, I might be able to bring my camera down here if no one is around just cconsideration of others. But if you want to Skype them email me a time that works and we can get on!

Well once again, thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy all my adventures as much as I do!

Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Amy, it sounds like you truly are having adventure. I'm excited for you. I can't wait to see what our Father does for you and in you and through you. I love you so much!!! Keep going mighty woman!